Skip to main content

Summer College Readiness Academy


Canceled Summer 2020

This summer NVUSD is proud to again offer SCRA at Vintage High School, Napa High School, American Canyon High School, New Technology High School, and Napa Valley Independent Studies. 

This intensive academic program is open to incoming 9th grade students. 

The goal of this summer program is to help students

  • prepare for high school mathematics

  • transition to high school

  • meet college requirements 

photo collage of SCRA activities

Program Overview

Every student in the academy takes a challenging math course to prepare for the upcoming academic year.  This program also provides individual tutoring and pre-college advising to all participants. All incoming 9th grade students are invited to participate in the program, but this is especially recommended for students who will be taking Math 1 in their 9th grade year.

This challenging academic experience provides students with a repertoire of skills that allows them to pursue college majors requiring mathematics.

All students who successfully complete the academy will earn 5 high school elective credits.

Program Expectations

Students are expected to arrive on time for class and be prepared and ready to work.  

Students are to attend daily, complete all assignments and conduct themselves according to the standards of Napa Valley Unified School District.  

Students who do not adhere to the expected policies will be dismissed from the program.

Program Details




American Canyon High School

Director: TBD

Napa High School

Director: TBD

Vintage High School

Director: TBD

New Technology High School will be the location for both New Tech HS and Napa Valley Independent Studies

Director: TBD

How to Apply

Click the button to apply for admission to the program.

  • enter your personal information

  • answer a few short essay prompts

  • complete and submit your application by

SCRA application button

Applications received after the due date will be put on a waiting list, and there is a strong possibility that late applications will not be considered.

Selection Process

The Academy can accommodate only a limited number of students.  The selection process will provide a diversified student body.  Overall, grades and the recommendation will count for 60% of the criteria for admission; the personal statement will count for the remaining 40%.  Students will be notified after the selection process is completed.

back to top