Welcome to Transitional Kindergarten
Welcome to NVUSD's webpage for Transitional Kindergarten, also known as TK. Below are answers to some of the most common questions parents have about TK:
- Students turning 5 on and between September 2 and December 2 qualify for TK.
- TK curriculum and instruction links preschool and kindergarten academic, social-emotional and physical development preparing them for kindergarten the following year.
- Registration for TK is the same as for kindergarten.
- TK students must attend their resident school if it offers TK. If space is not available, students may be placed at other schools offering TK. TK students may open-enroll only at Magnet schools.
- Parents will be notified by their resident school during the first week in February regarding placement.
Transitional Kindergarten: Implementation Introduction