School Registration Procedures
1. Use the School Locator to determine your School of Residence.
2. Required items needed for registration:
- Parent picture ID or Caregiver Affidavit (if applicable)
- Residency Verification
- Student's birth certificate, original or certified
- Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
- Immunization records
- Copy of student's academic history or current report card
3. Residency verification is also required whenever a student changes addresses or level (i.e., elementary to middle; middle to high). In American Canyon, residency verification is required annually prior to the first day of school. Download Change of Address Procedures English Spanish
OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
FOR 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
The District has adopted an open enrollment policy that provides the opportunity for parents/guardians to apply for their children to attend a “school of choice” other than their school of residence during an annual open enrollment period.
If approved, an open enrolled student becomes a student of the “school of choice” through the highest grade available at that school. Once approved, the student does not have automatic rights to return to his/her original school of residence. If the student desires to return to the original school of residence, the parent/guardian must reapply through the annual open enrollment process. Parents/guardians provide transportation to and from their assigned “school of choice."
Should requests for open enrollment exceed the number of openings at the available “schools of choice”, selection of open enrollment applicants will be made through a random unbiased lottery process conducted by the Napa Valley Unified School District.
The open enrollment period will be early 2013. Open enrollment applications are available at your elementary school and must be submitted to your neighborhood elementary school. Families applying to attend Napa Valley Language Academy apply directly through the NVLA office. Please contact NVLA at 253-3678 if you have any questions about applying to this school. For Stone Bridge School, please call the Stone Bridge office at 252-5522 for information.
To learn more about school choice options, please join us at our School Fair on December 3, 2012, from 5:00 -7:00 PM at the NVUSD Education Center (District Office) at 2425 Jefferson Street.
The open enrollment period will be early 2013. Open enrollment applications for middle school are available at your elementary school and must be submitted to your elementary school.
- Redwood and American Canyon Middle Schools have limited space available for open enrollment.
- Harvest and Silverado Middle Schools will have space available in grades 6 - 8.
- River School is a charter school which does not have an attendance area. All applicants to River School must apply through open enrollment.
Middle schools will also be participating in our School Fair this year.
The open enrollment period will be early 2013. Open enrollment applications for high school are available at your middle school and must be submitted to your middle school.
- Napa High School has limited space available for open enrollment for grades 9 – 12.
- Vintage and American Canyon High Schools have space available for grades 9 – 12.
- New Technology High School does not have an attendance area. All applicants to New Technology High School must apply through open enrollment.