How to Register Your Child for School
Students are assigned to a school based on their home address within District established attendance areas. Students may attend a different school based on space availability through open enrollment or transfer request based on specific limited circumstances.
To Register a Transition Kindergarten (TK) or Kindergarten student or student new to the District:
1. Use the School Locator to determine your School of Residence.
2. Bring the following required items to your School of Residence and fill out the Registration Form:
- Parent picture ID or Caregiver Affidavit (if applicable)
- Residency Verification
- Student's birth certificate, original or certified
- Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
- Immunization records download NVUSD Immunization Requirements
- Copy of student's academic history or current report card
3. Residency verification is also required whenever a student changes addresses r level (i.e., elementary to middle, or middle to high). In American Canyon, residency verification is required annually prior to the first day of school. Download Change of Address Procedures English Spanish
4. If you wish to open enroll your child at a school other than your School of Residence, please visit the Open Enrollment page for instructions.