Our Goals Board of Education Superintendent Business Services Human Resources Instructional Services Equitable Access NexTech Project
Finding a school Elementary Schools Middle Schools High Schools Napa Valley Independent Studies Napa Valley Adult Education Magnet Schools Charter Schools
Student and Parent Information Parent & Student Resources Student Services School Enrollment Graduation Requirements Student Transcripts Student Work Permits School Libraries Before and After School Child Care BEST/Positive Behavior Intervention Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Community Bulletin Board Webinars and Tutorials Planning for College
Faculty and Staff Information Professional Development Curriculum Resources Curriculum Coaching Positive Behavior Intervention & Support 21st Century Teaching and Learning BTSA Google Apps Training Resources READ 180 / System 44 / iRead
Flyer Approval & Distribution District Facilities Usage
Home Page Logo
School Enrollment

Yearly Events

Date Coming Soon

School Fair 
District Office Lobby
5-6:30 PM

Date Coming Soon

Open Enrollment Middle and High School

Date Coming Soon

Kindergarten Registration Begins

Date Coming Soon Open Enrollment Elementary

How to Register Your Child for School

Students are assigned to a school based on their home address within District established attendance areas.  Students may attend a different school based on space availability through open enrollment or transfer request based on specific limited circumstances.

To Register a Transition Kindergarten (TK) or Kindergarten student or student new to the District:

1.  Use the School Finder to determine your School of Residence.

2.  Bring the following required items to your School of Residence and fill out the Registration Form: 

  • Parent picture ID or Caregiver Affidavit (if applicable)
  • Residency Verification   
    • Enrollment and Residency Policy                  English    Spanish
    • Address Verification Instructions                    English   Spanish
    • Residency Affidavit                                           English    Spanish
    • Notice Regarding Fraudulent Enrollment    English    Spanish
    • Frequently Asked Questions                          English    Spanish
  • Student's birth certificate, original or certified
  • Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
  • Immunization records   download NVUSD Immunization Requirements
  • Copy of student's academic history or current report card

3.  Residency verification is also required whenever a student changes addresses r level (i.e., elementary to middle, or middle to high).  In American Canyon, residency verification is required annually prior to the first day of school.  Download Change of Address Procedures      English   Spanish

4.  If you wish to open enroll your child at a school other than your School of Residence, please visit the Open Enrollment page for instructions.

Contact Information

Elementary Enrollment

Kitlyn Engleman


Secondary Enrollment

Kathy Cunny


FAQs About NVUSD's Residency Policy

How is residency defined?

In order to attend a Napa Valley Unified School, a student must reside within established attendance boundaries. A student’s primary residency is the place where s/he lives ...more