News You Can Use
Idle-free Bay Area and upcoming Winter events!
Click here to find out about Thanksgiving and Winter Break activities and enrichment provided by NVUSD and the Napa Valley community and beyond.
It takes a team to ensure your student is as successful in school as he or she can be. That team includes the student, the school and you - the parent or guardian.
Studies show that students do better when parents are engaged in and supportive of their education. We encourage you to:
- Meet your student’s teachers, either at Back-to-School night or by calling or e-mailing.
- Get to know who is who at the school. The administrators, counselors, teachers, aides and others all play a role in your student’s success.
- Track your child’s progress online through parent portals; frequently check in verbally with your student’s teachers.
- If you think your student needs extra services, ask for an evaluation.
- Set aside a designated time and space to do homework, and ask every night if your student has work to complete.
- If you have time, volunteer at school and/or join the parent-teacher organization.
- Be an advocate. Ask questions, both of your student and the school, and voice concerns early with the appropriate person (teacher first, then
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in your home about education.
- Monitor screen time.
- Encourage your student to read for pleasure.
- Talk with your student about the school day.
|District Notifications and Review of Program Effectiveness|