Napa Valley Unified School District serves the communities of American Canyon, Napa City and Yountville. The district is comprised of 30+ schools serving more than 18,000 students in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through Grade 12.
Our students are all individuals, with their own talents, interests, needs and goals. That means that we nurture and challenge advanced learners, who want to expand their learning horizons, as well as students who have physical, emotional or cognitive challenges that require more support.
We offer rigorous academic courses, robust Career Technical Education options and diverse extracurricular and athletic programs. Our students can learn in traditional neighborhood schools, magnet schools, independent study, dual immersion English-Spanish programs, online options and more.
Goal 1: College and Career Ready
* Implement Common Core and 4C's (critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity)
* Implement project-based and inquiry-based learning experiences
Goal 2: Equitable Access to Close the Achievement Gap
* Implement comprehensive intervention systems (Tiers 1, 2, 3)
* Embed proven instructional practices that accelerate learning
Goal 3: Instill 21st Century Skills
* Implement technology-rich classrooms that engage students in relevant and rigorous learning
* Provide leadership development to support school teams aligned to four key attributes of 21st-century learning