Parent organizations play an important role in the support of our schools. They go by different names at different schools-- PTA, PTO, PFC, FFC, Booster Club, etc. We use the term Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) here to refer to any of these groups.
- Leverage volunteers to support the school
- Help inform and engage all school parents
- Generate funds to support the school
- Are valuable ambassadors in the community
- Are not created equal. There are many types, and they vary widely, especially from elementary school to middle school to high school.
- Are not an advisory panel to the principal and administration. Most principals have a site council or other advisory panel that serves that function.
Need to update your PTO info?
Click here. The table embedded below will update automatically.